Send and receive money with Zelle®
Zelle is a fast, safe and easy way to send money to friends and family1, right from the Mission Fed Mobile app or Online Banking.
- Log into Mission Fed Mobile or Online Banking
- Select ‘Send Money with Zelle’ from the menu
- Enroll using your email address or U.S. mobile number
- Enter a one-time verification code sent to your email or phone number
- Select your checking account
- Now you’re ready to send and receive money
You can send money to friends, family, and others you trust2.
Since money is sent directly from your account to another person’s bank or credit union account within minutes, it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number.
Disclosure: 2. In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already enroll with Zelle.
Members may be part of Zelle with Mission Fed and other financial institutions simultaneously if they use a separate email or U.S. mobile number for each institution.
Mission Fed members with multiple master accounts may only enroll in Zelle from one account. This account will be the first master a member chooses to access the “Send Money with Zelle®” menu from within Mission Fed Mobile or Online Banking. Mission Fed is exploring ways to remove this restriction in the future.
Zelle through Mission Fed is currently only available for Regular, Formal Trust, Informal Trust, and Youth accounts that have an open checking account and are in good standing.
To send money using Zelle,
- select a contact from your mobile device or enter a trusted recipient’s email address or phone number
- Add the amount you’d like to send
- Add an optional note
- Review and Send
In most cases, the recipient will receive money in minutes
To request money using Zelle,
- Choose Request Money
- Select the individual from whom you’d like to request money by selecting their contact information or entering a trusted recipient’s email address or phone number
- Enter the amount requested and include an optional note
- Review and Request
If you have already enrolled with Zelle, you don’t need to do anything else. The money will move directly into your Mission Fed checking account, typically within minutes3.
If you haven’t enrolled with Zelle, follow the instructions here.
If you don’t know the person or aren’t sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an online bidding or sales site), you should not use Zelle.
These transactions are potentially high risk (just like sending cash to a person you don’t know is high risk). Mission Fed and Zelle do not offer a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle — for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
Note: Mission Fed will do its best but cannot guarantee funds will be returned.
Money sent with Zelle is typically available to an enrolled recipient within minutes.
If you send money to someone who isn’t enrolled with Zelle, they will receive a notification prompting them to enroll. After enrollment, the money will move directly to your recipient’s account.
If your payment is pending, we recommend confirming that the person you sent money to has enrolled with Zelle and that you entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
If you’re waiting to receive money, you should check to see if you’ve received a payment notification via email or text message. If you haven’t received a payment notification, we recommend following up with the sender to confirm they entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
The person you send money to will be notified via email or text message. You can also tell if a payment has been received through Mobile or Online Banking.
When you log into Mobile or Online Banking, click ‘Send Money with Zelle’ in the Menu and then select Activity.
- If the payment is listed as pending, the recipient has not yet enrolled with Zelle and hasn’t received the money.
- If the payment is listed as complete, the money moves directly
Zelle is a great way to send money to family, friends, and people you are familiar with such as your personal trainer, babysitter, or neighbor.
Since money is sent directly from your Mission Fed checking account to another person’s bank or credit union account within minutes, Zelle should only be used to send money to friends, family, and others you trust.
No, Mission Fed doesn’t charge any fees to use Zelle.
You can find a full list of participating banks and credit unions live with Zelle here.
If your recipient’s financial institution isn’t on the list, don’t worry! The list of participating financial institutions is always growing, and your recipient can still use Zelle by downloading the Zelle app for AndroidTM and iOSTM .
To enroll with the Zelle app, your recipient will enter their basic contact information, an email address and U.S. mobile number, and a Visa® or Mastercard® debit card with a U.S. based account (does not include U.S. territories). Zelle does not accept debit cards associated with international deposit accounts or any credit cards.
You can only cancel a payment if the person you sent money to hasn’t yet enrolled with Zelle. To check whether the payment is still pending log into Mobile or Online Banking, go to your activity page, choose the payment you want to cancel, and then select “Cancel This Payment.”
If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle, the money is sent directly to their bank account and cannot be canceled. This is why it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number when sending money.
If you sent money to the wrong person, we recommend contacting the recipient and requesting the money back. If you are unable to get your money back, call us at 858.524.2850 or 800.500.6328 so we can help file a dispute. Note: Mission Fed cannot guarantee funds will be returned.
Zelle transactions may be declined for the following reasons:
- You have exceeded the spending limits
- You have not successfully provided the OTP code that was sent via SMS / Email
- You do not have a sufficient account balance to complete the transfer
- Transaction(s) have been identified as suspicious and blocked by fraud mitigation rule
Keeping your money and information is a top priority for Mission Fed. When you use Zelle with Mission Fed, your information is protected with the same technology we use to keep your accounts safe.
- Don’t share your banking credentials or one-time-pin with anyone. Mission Fed will never call, email, or request this information from a member.
- Don’t use common usernames or passwords that can be easily guessed. Keep banking credentials complex and make them unique from other web sites.
- Use Zelle to pay friends, family, and others you trust.
- Know when Zelle is a good payment option and when another payment method is better.
- Always double-check the recipient’s info before you hit “Send”.
Scams are on the rise, including scams using Zelle, Venmo or other payment apps. For more useful tips, visit our Fraud Education FAQs.
Must meet membership and account criteria. Mobile and data rates apply when using mobile banking. Zelle and the Zelle marks used herein are trademarks of Early Warning Services, LLC. Intuit, Quicken, mint.com, and QuickBooks are service marks of Intuit Inc. iOS is a trademark of Cisco. Apple TouchID, FaceID, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch are registered service marks and Safari is a trademark of Apple, Inc. Chrome is a trademark of Google LLC. Edge is a trademark and Internet Explorer is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation. Firefox is a trademark of the Mozilla Foundation.