Help & Resources
- General Banking
- Checking & Savings
- Auto Loans
- Home Loans
- Mint, Quicken & Quickbooks
- Mobile Wallet
- Mobile & Online Banking
- Fraud & Identity Protection
Still have questions?
We’re available via Webchat. Or give us a call 800.500.6328
Contact Center Hours
Mon – Fri: 7am to 7pm
Saturday: 8am to 4pm
Checking & Savings
Looking to lower your Home or Auto Loan payments or getting ready to buy? How about saving for a major purchase or life event in the future? View our calculators page to help you estimate your loan payments, compare loans, calculate savings, make informed mortgage decisions and more.
Don’t run out of checks! Order new checks today with our easy online system and get them right away.
Check Ordering Steps
- Sign into Online Banking
- Go to the Member Services section
- Click on the Order Checks tab at the top of the page
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up window
That’s it! You’ll have your new checks in 10-14 days with standard delivery, or choose an expedited delivery option to get them sooner. If you have any questions about ordering your checks, please contact us for assistance.
Spending and checking accounts are similar in that you can use these accounts to pay for everyday transactions like groceries, gas or other necessities. Here’s how our Breeze Spending account differs from a checking account:
- The Breeze Spending account is free with no monthly fee1
- Our Easy and Smart Checking accounts are free if you enroll with e-statements or maintain a daily balance requirement
- Easy Checking is $2/month without e-statements
- Smart Checking requires a daily balance or a minimum direct deposit, otherwise, it is $7/month
- The Breeze Spending account offers debit card access and no check writing.
- Easy and Smart Checking also offer debit card access and have free, unlimited check writing.
- Breeze Spending allows you to access your paycheck up to 2 days earlier when you use direct deposit.2
Disclosures: Must meet membership and account opening criteria. Programs, rates, terms, and conditions subject to change without notice. Restrictions apply. Mobile and data rates apply when using mobile banking. Smart checking requires a $500 or more direct deposit or a average daily balance of $1,500 or a $7 monthly fee applies.
- The Breeze Spending Account has no monthly, maintenance, overdraft or NSF fees. Fees like debit card replacement fees, foreign transaction fees, or out of network ATM fees or fees for extra services like, wire transfers may apply to your account. See our Fee Schedule for more details.
- Early paycheck is not guaranteed, availability depends on when we receive the payment file from the payer.
In order to open a new account, you’ll need:
- Proof that you live, work, worship or go to school in San Diego (see full eligibility on our Membership page)
- Two forms of ID, including at least one valid government ID
- Your social security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN)
- An opening deposit, as little as $5
The minimum age for opening a spending or checking account is 13 with a parent/legal guardian signer. Ages 16 and 17 with valid government-issued ID do not require a parent / legal guardian signer, as well as individuals 18 and over who meet membership and account requirements.
Both accounts are important for managing your personal finances. But they each have different purposes.
- Checking/spending accounts are great for everyday expenses. You can use a debit card with your account for daily transactions like grocery shopping. However, they traditionally offer no or lower dividend rates.
- Savings accounts are meant for saving money, instead of spending. They offer higher dividend rates. You can also access your money in your savings account through ATM withdraws.
Learn more about our savings accounts here.
At Mission Fed, we offer a variety of savings accounts so you can choose what’s best for your lifestyle. We offer the option of opening up to seven standard savings accounts, so you can have multiple accounts with unique names and savings goals.
Experts recommend saving between 10 and 30% of your income each month. Use your savings account to build up an emergency fund and save for retirement and other long-term savings goals. This can help you with unexpected expenses and set you up for a comfortable future.
Use mobile or online banking to easily transfer funds into your savings account, or set up a direct deposit right from your paycheck so you don’t even have to think about it.