Your Privacy is Secure at Mission Fed
Mission Federal Credit Union (Mission Fed) is committed to earning the trust that you, the members, have in us to protect your confidential financial information. In order for Mission Fed to provide you with high quality products and services, you have entrusted us with your personal information. We understand this is your information, and we accept the responsibility to protect and keep it confidential. We commit to you that we will not violate this trust, in keeping with our Mission Values principles. Mission Fed believes we are keepers of your information, and we must take measures to ensure that your information is used properly. Maintaining your trust by protecting your right to privacy is very important to Mission Fed. We want you to understand your rights regarding our collection and use of your information. These Privacy Policies disclose what information we collect, how we use it, and how we protect it. We want you to know the action Mission Fed has taken to ensure the protection of your privacy.
Your privacy is very important to Mission Federal Credit Union (“Mission Fed” or the “Credit Union”). This Policy outlines how we collect, use, and share your information when you access our Mobile or Online Banking services, from a mobile device using our iOS and Android applications, as well as from a supported browser.
Please note that our Mobile and Online Banking services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information of anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent.
Information Collected by Mission Fed
When you use our Mobile or Online Banking services, we may collect the following:
- Personal Information: information such as your email address, your user identification (“User IDs”), your address, and your phone number to help facilitate the ease of your transactions.
- Zelle: Our mobile banking application, with your consent, accesses the contacts information stored on your mobile device. This information allows you to fill information fields from your contacts to send or receive funds using the Send Money with Zelle® feature of the app (Zelle). If you would like to use this feature of Zelle, we need to receive permission to access your contacts. With your first use of Zelle, a pop-up will appear when you go to add recipients from your phone contacts. Clicking the “Allow” button will authorize our access to your contacts. Sharing of the list of contacts is optional and you may disallow this at any time from your device settings for the Mission Fed Mobile Banking application.
- Financial Information: your financial institution and payment related information (ex. bank account numbers, debit, or credit card numbers) if you provide it to us when you interact with our mobile or online services.) when interacting with our Mobile or Online services.
- Device and Other Usage Information: In addition to the personal and financial information described above, we may collect certain information about your use of our Mobile and Online services. As an example, we may capture your device identifiers, the operating system, browser you use, and the IP address of the device you use to access Mobile or Online services. We may collect usage information about a particular feature or crash log information. Your usage and crash data is collected anonymously.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or share the personal and financial information we collect from you to operate and manage our Mobile and Online Banking application features including displaying information to you and communicating and interacting with you.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the revised notice on our Privacy Page with a new “Last Updated” date.
Contacting Mission Fed
Questions regarding these Privacy Policies should be directed to Mission Fed:
by calling 800.500.6328
by email to [email protected]
or by mailing written requests to:
Mission Federal Credit Union
Attn: Contact Center
P.O. Box 919023
San Diego CA 92191-9023
Under California’s Financial Information Privacy law, if you wish to opt out of information sharing with our joint marketing partners who provide financial products and services to you, please send a secure email through Online Banking.
For information about submitting requests under the California Consumer Privacy Act, please refer to the CCPA policy below.
There are some situations where we won’t, or may not be able to, fulfill some or all of your CCPA request:
- If you aren’t a California resident
- If we can’t verify your identity
- If we can’t match the data we have on file to your verified credentials
- If you have a pre-existing business relationship with us
If we’re required or permitted to keep some or all of your personal information under federal regulations or other laws.
For more info, please view our CCPA Policy below:
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Policy
Social Media Public Use Policy
Last Updated: 9/22/2022