San Diego County School Superintendents describe their relationship with Mission Fed
Thirty years in the financial services industry has taught me the importance of building relationships and maintaining them. At Mission Fed, we value all of our partners, local nonprofit organizations, members and fellow San Diegans. Recently, we had the opportunity to speak with some of our school superintendent partners about how our continued relationship helps to support schools, students’ futures and what being a partner really means.
Next month, we celebrate 55 years of partnering with San Diego County educators and their vision to help staff and students succeed. You can watch the complete interviews here or read below.
Mission Fed at Horizon Center Video
How does Mission Fed help your schools?
“Mission Fed started in 1961 from a borrowed desk, right here at the San Diego Office of Education. And has been supporting educators and our schools ever since.”
— Dr. Randolph E. Ward, Superintendent of Schools, San Diego County Office of Education
How does Mission Fed invest in your student’s future?
“Mission Fed invests in our students’ future by promoting programs like Mission 2 $AVE, where our young students develop financial literacy habits.”
— Devin Vodicka, Ed.D., Superintendent, Vista Unified School District
“Mission Federal invests both financially in our students’ future with savings and programs to help them with financial literacy, but also with hands-on work and touching student’s hearts and minds.”
— David Miyashiro, Ed.D., Superintendent, Cajon Valley Union School District
What does partnering with Mission Fed mean to you?
“Mission Fed’s partnership with our school district has been very meaningful and important to us, both at the children’s level and employee level.”
— Katie McNamara, Ed.D., Superintendent, South Bay Union School District
“When I see a partner like Mission Fed, who invests its time and resources into The Oceanside Promise, it makes it easy to be a partner with them.”
— Duane Coleman, Ed.D., Superintendent, Oceanside Unified School District
Mission Fed has been a partner in education since we began in 1961, and we continue to expand our work in the community. Here are a few highlights:
- Mission Fed JA Finance Park - a paperless, high-tech learning center at Junior Achievement that helps high school students imagine who they want to be and gives them hands-on tools and skills to plan for a financially secure future.
- McGrath Family BizTown at Junior Achievement - Mission Fed has an interactive shop that mimics a branch location where elementary students can learn the financial business.
- Mission 2 $AVE - an at School Savings Program that has received the prestigious 2012 Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award from the Credit Union National Association for best youth savings program.
- Mission for Our Schools - where we give you $25 when you open a Mission Fed Checking account, and also make a matching donation directly to the school of your choice.
- Free Mission Rewards — if you have a Mission Fed Credit Card, you can enroll for rewards points and donate them to a school of your choice.
- San Diego County Fair Teacher Appreciation Days - To thank teachers for the wonderful work they do in the community, Mission Fed supports Teacher Appreciation Days at the Fair.
- Max Out My Class with MAX 105.7 FM - Every Tuesday from September 15, 2015 through June 4, 2016, Mission Fed and MAX 105.7 FM visit winning K-6 classrooms with a $200 gift card for the teacher to use for classroom supplies, as well as prizes for the students.
Our relationship building doesn’t end there. With hundreds of community partners, like Girl Scouts San Diego, The San Diego Humane Society, San Diego Padres and the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park, we’re creating and maintaining relationships with educational and nonprofit organizations throughout the county.
If you’re a Mission Fed member or fellow San Diegan, we look forward to working together on our relationship, too. We’re here to help you in any of our 30 branches Monday-Thursday from 9am - 5pm, Friday 9am - 6pm, Saturday 9am - 1pm; or online at MissionFed.com and our social media channels; or by calling the Contact Center Monday-Friday 7am - 7pm or Saturday 9am - 1pm.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The content provided in this blog consists of the opinions and ideas of the author alone and should be used for informational purposes only. Mission Federal Credit Union disclaims any liability for decisions you make based on the information provided. This article contains links for websites that Mission Fed does not control. Mission Fed is not responsible and does not assume liability for the operations, content, links, privacy or security policies of third party websites.
More Blog Posts
Money Market Accounts: What's Their Worth?
Has anyone ever suggested you open a money market account and left you wondering: What is a money market account? A money market account offers you the same convenience and protection of a traditional savings account, but with the ability to earn higher dividends on your...
Why Teens Should Open a Checking Account
As a teen, opening a checking account does not sound like the most eventful moment of your life. However, putting your money in an account that is yours and yours alone, will bring a new sense of independence.
How to Access the Equity in Your Home
Your home is an asset that may contain equity. You can turn that equity into cash to use for major purchases like a vacation or school tuition, a home remodel or solar panels, to consolidate debt and much more! Apply for a Home Equity Loan, Home Equity Line of Credit or...
Mission Fed VP Controller Steve Hasbrooke reminds us all that gifts to those less fortunate may be the most rewarding gifts of all. Find out more in this week’s blog.
Search for Mission Fed Branches and ATMs, or 30,000 CO-OP Network ATMs Nationwide