Message from the Mission Fed CEO
Important Member Update: San Diego County Guidelines
We will continue to provide you with the most up-to-date information so you can feel confident during this rapidly evolving time and focus on what matters most — caring for the health and well-being of your family and friends.
We have been serving the San Diego community for nearly 60 years. We have always prided ourselves on the service we provide as well as the strong, personal connections we build with our membership. While our Branches and ATMs remain open to serve our member’s needs as an essential service at this time, there are new measures we must implement due to the recently updated San Diego County Guidelines in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please help keep our community safe and healthy. The following social distancing and sanitation measures and guidance have been implemented in our branches to protect our staff, members and community:
- Please avoid visiting and entering a branch if you have a cough, fever, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptoms
- We encourage you to make an appointment for your needs (aside from teller transactions) — all appointments will be fulfilled on a first come, first serve basis
- Maintain a minimum six-foot distance from one another when waiting in line at a branch
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact
- Increased sanitation and disinfecting of our signature pad styluses and all high-contact surfaces after each use
If you visit our branches, rest assured our staff is there to assist you — however, please only visit our branches if it is absolutely necessary. Staffing in our branches may be limited and you may experience extended wait times.
You can count on us to continue to do our best serving you and keeping you informed. To stay connected and learn more about how we will get through the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic together, please check the Mission Fed Cares About Our Community website page for all updates, financial assistance programs, how you can help the San Diego community and how we can help you strengthen your financial future.
Financial Assistance includes:
- Skip-A-Pay: Up to Three Months
- Loan Extensions
- Financial Assistance Loans
- Mortgage Forbearance Assistance
Additionally, we continue to accept Real Estate Loan applications through various channels for your convenience. Take advantage of our low rates on Mortgage Loans, Home Equity Loans and Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC).
We are focused on serving all of your financial needs online and we encourage you to download the Mission Fed Mobile Banking App or enroll in Online Banking to manage your account anytime and anywhere 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Using these digital services and tools is simple and free.
For urgent issues, email our Contact Center at email@example.com. If you need to speak with a representative, we are here to help you 6 days a week (Monday – Friday 7am-7pm, Saturday 8am-4pm) at 858.524.2850 or 800.500.6328. We apologize for any extended wait times and ask for your patience and understanding as we work to serve all of our members.
We hope you understand the impact these events have had on our current service levels and we look forward to delivering the exceptional level of service you are accustomed to again in the future.
Thank you for your membership and please stay safe and healthy.
President and CEO
Mission Fed Remains Open as Essential Service
We will continue to get through this together. As the concerns related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continue to mount, Mission Fed remains open to serve our members as an essential service under the California Governor’s statewide stay at home order.
We want to assure you that we are here to serve and support our members. We need your help too.
Our branches remain open with regular hours today. Beginning tomorrow, March 21, branch hours will shift to Monday – Friday 9am-4pm and Saturdays 9am-1pm.*
*Little Italy and Carmel Valley branch locations are closed on Saturdays.
If you visit our branches, rest assured our staff is there to assist you. However, please only visit our branches if it is absolutely necessary. Staffing in our branches may be limited as a result of the current circumstances and therefore, you may experience extended wait times. Additionally, for the safety of everyone and to maintain social distancing, we are limiting the number of members in the branch at one time.
ATMs are available 24/7 - we are monitoring our ATMs regularly to ensure that there is enough cash available for your needs. You can access your money surcharge-free at over 30,000 CO-OP ATMs nationwide. To find an ATM near you, visit: missionfed.com/branch-locator
Digital Services and Tools:
We offer digital tools to help you manage your account anytime and anywhere 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To access your account remotely, enroll in Online Banking or download the Mobile Banking App.
Easy Account Management:
- Monitor account activity
- Check balances & view transactions
- Make payments & pay bills
- Make mobile deposits
- Access your statements
- Find an ATM and more…
For more information on our digital services and tools visit: missionfed.com/online-mobile
Our Contact Center is available to assist you through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to speak with a representative, we’re here to help you 6 days a week (Monday – Friday 7am-7pm, Saturday 8am-4pm) at 858.524.2850 or 800.500.6328. We ask for your patience as our wait times may be longer than usual due to increased volumes.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties due to the impact of the coronavirus, we want to help you. Learn more about our Financial Assistance Program.
Safety & Security:
Keep your money safe and protected with Mission Fed. For your safety, we discourage any cash hoarding and recommend credit or debit card usage instead of cash for as many transactions as possible. Funds deposited with Mission Fed Credit Union are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) to at least $250,000. For more information about NCUA Share Insurance Coverage, visit mycreditunion.gov.
As we continue to monitor the situation, additional changes in our operations may become necessary to comply with government mandates and guidelines. We will keep you informed as we move through these challenging times together. Please continue to visit our website missionfed.com for updates and the most current information related to branch and service operations.
We hope you understand the impact these events may have on our current service levels and we look forward to delivering the exceptional level of service you are accustomed to again in the near future.
Thank you for your membership and we hope you and your families remain healthy and safe.
President and CEO
COVID-19: An Update to Our Members
As we continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19), our immediate concern is for the health, safety and well-being of our employees and members within the San Diego community and all those impacted by the circumstances.
We understand the concerns and uncertainty you may be experiencing. You can rely on us to continue to do our best serving you and keeping you informed — we are committed to continuing to provide the level of service you expect and being responsive to the needs of our members. Mission Fed branches and our Contact Center remain open — we are here to help you.Precautions:
Following is a reminder of the steps and precautions we have taken to make our environment as safe as possible and to prevent exposure to the virus:
- We have established enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures in our branches and offices in accordance with the CDC and public health guidelines, including key touch areas and ATMs.
- We have implemented protocols to ensure all employees who are high risk, ill or not feeling well stay at home.
- We have taken measures to help our employees stay safe by eliminating in-person meetings and enabling work from home where possible.
- We have eliminated handshakes and posted signs in our branches to remind of social distancing.
At Mission Fed, our goal is to be your financial partner throughout your life; during these uncertain times, we realize the coronavirus may impact the financial health of some of our members and we want you to know we are here to help in the following ways:
Qualified Secured and Signature loans can skip a payment up to two non-consecutive times in a 12-month period. At this time, Mission Fed is waiving the $45 fee per skip and offering $0 fees for this service.
If your existing loan does not qualify for Skip-A-Pay, and you are impacted by the coronavirus, you may be eligible for up to a 90-day loan extension.
Financial Assistance Loans
Our Financial Assistance Loan is a great way to have cash on hand so you can continue to take care of your responsibilities and the people you love.
3.99% APR Financial Relief Loan:
- A low loan rate of 3.99% APR
- Loan amounts up to $5,000
- Loan terms up to 24 months
- First loan payment deferred up to 90 days
Please call our Contact Center at 800.500.6328 or visit any branch for more information. Due to the circumstances, call volumes may be higher than normal — we will do our best to respond as quickly as possible.
For any existing Mortgage Loan or HELOC assistance, please contact our Loss Mitigation department at 858.524.2850 x 2074.Online/Mobile Banking:
We encourage you to take advantage, download and use Mission Fed digital services for self-service banking anytime and anywhere 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can access your accounts simply and free through Online Banking or by using our new Mobile Banking App. Make payments, view transactions, pay bills, make mobile deposits, find an ATM and more. If you haven’t enrolled in Online access, it only takes a few minutes. Enroll now.Security:
We ask you to be aware of any suspicious activity, such as emails or text messages that try to convince you to share any personal or sensitive information. As a security reminder, Mission Fed will never call and ask you for your PIN number, card number or request any personal information.
Additionally, for your safety, we discourage any cash hoarding and recommend credit or debit card usage for as many transactions as possible.
At Mission Fed, our number one priority is always the health, safety and well-being of our members, employees and the San Diego community. Please rest assured that we will continue to do everything we can to protect our employees and be available for you. Thank you for your membership.
President and CEO
A Message to Our Members About the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
At Mission Fed, the health, well-being and safety of our members and employees is always our top priority. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we feel it is important to share the steps we are taking to help keep you, our employees and the San Diego community safe and healthy:
- All branches remain open and are cleaned and sanitized daily as part of our normal course of business. As a precautionary measure, we have added enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of key touch areas, including our ATMs.
- Our internal task force is monitoring information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and from various federal, state and local agencies to ensure the actions we are taking are in line with the latest recommendations and guidance.
- We have provided our employees with preventative information they need to stay healthy and ask employees to stay home if they are ill or not feeling well. We have also advised our employees to replace handshakes with smiles and elbow bumps to avoid unnecessary contact.
- For the latest information on coronavirus (COVID-19), including preparedness tips and other resources, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at cdc.gov and the County of San Diego health department website at sandiegocounty.gov/coronavirus.
As your Credit Union, maintaining your trust and providing accessibility to your funds and financial products and services at all times is also a top priority. The following information provides you with options to ensure that you always have access to your accounts if you are unable to visit a local branch:
- Set up access to Online and Mobile Banking and learn more about enhanced features including mobile deposit and bill pay. These, and many more digital services, are available to you anytime and anywhere, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Learn more.
- Speak with our Contact Center 6 days a week (Monday – Friday 7am-7pm, Saturday 8am-4pm) at 858.524.2850 or 800.500.6328 or email us at email@example.com.
- Gain access to our Automated Phone Service and your accounts 24 hours a day at 858.673.0900 or 800.640.5463. Learn more.
Our priority remains keeping Mission Fed employees and members safe and well-informed, while continuing to work hard to provide you with the level of service you expect. Our hearts go out to all those impacted by the coronavirus. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and keep you informed of any changes that may impact you.
Thank you for your membership and loyalty.
President and CEO
Search for Mission Fed Branches and ATMs, or 30,000 CO-OP Network ATMs Nationwide