Open an account
with Virtual Appointment
Mission Fed Mastercard® Credit Cards
- No Annual Fee
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers within the first 90 days of a new Mission Fed Mastercard® Credit Card account opening. After that, standard APRs for Preferred Platinum Credit Cards will be:
- Preferred Platinum Credit Cards 9.90% - 16.90% for purchases and 11.90% - 17.90% for balance transfers1
- Preferred Platinum Rewards Credit Cards, 10.90% - 17.90% for purchases and 12.90% - 17.90% for balance transfers1
- Preferred Platinum Rewards cardholders receive 10,000 Bonus Mission Rewards points with $1,000 net purchases in the first 90 days2
Mission Fed Preferred Platinum Mastercard: our lowest rate card
Mission Fed Preferred Platinum Rewards Mastercard: cash back and rewards
San Diego Credit Card benefits:
Instant Card issue
Convenient instant issue of a new or replacement card is available at any Mission Fed branch.
Convenient access, local assistance
Check your purchases, balance and pay your bill online with Mobile or Online Banking. You’re always welcome to talk to a Mission Fed representative for personalized assistance—we’re right here in San Diego.
Enhanced ID Theft Protection
Mastercard Enhanced ID Theft Protection includes: One-bureau credit monitoring, high-risk transaction monitoring and alerts and white-glove restoration service. Certain terms may apply. Sign up today at https://mastercardus.idprotectiononline.com/enrollment/embedded.html.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do credit cards work?
Credit cards provide a short-term loan from a credit card issuer. You pay back the money you borrowed, plus interest based on your Annual Percentage Rate (APR), over a period of time. Each credit card has a credit limit and you can spend up to that limit. You’ll be expected to pay a minimum balance each month, which is usually just the interest plus a very small percentage of your total balance. If you pay your statement balance in full each month, you’ll help improve your credit score and you can avoid paying interest. Depending on the card, you may also be charged annual maintenance fees, balance transfer fees (for transferring your balance from another credit card), cash advance fees or late payment fees, all of which are added to your balance.
How to get a credit card
Applying for a credit card is relatively easy. You’ll provide basic information (which can vary slightly depending on the card) like your social security number, driver license number, income, address, phone number and more. This information is used to check your credit score, credit history, debt ratio and payment history. If you’re approved, you’ll be granted a card with an APR and credit limit that reflects your credit history. Make sure you only apply for credit cards that work for you before you try to open an account.
How to apply for a credit card
Mission Fed makes it easy to apply for credit union credit cards. Whether you want to apply for your credit union credit cards online, make an appointment and apply in person at one of our branch locations, or apply over the phone we want you to be able to apply in the way that makes sense for your needs. Just gather the information listed above and apply for your San Diego credit card in whichever way is most convenient for you.
Can you get cash back from a credit card?
You certainly can! Many credit cards offer cash back rewards, which help you earn cash on the purchases you make. Then, you can redeem your points for cash back or other reward options easily and securely online and via Mission Fed’s Mobile Banking app.
How to calculate credit card interest
There are three basic steps when it comes to calculating credit card interest.
- Look at your APR and convert it to a daily rate by dividing by 365, which will give you the daily periodic interest rate.
- Figure out your average daily balance by adding up the daily balance for each day in the billing period, then dividing by the number of days in the billing period.
- If you need to determine other credit calculations, like how long it’ll take you to pay off your credit card and more, try one of Mission Fed’s Credit Union Credit Card Calculators.
Platinum Credit Card Benefits
|Zero Liability||You pay only for purchases you have authorized on your card. Conditions and exceptions apply. See www.Mastercard.us/zero-liability.html for details.|
|Mastercard Global Service®||Provides 24/7 customer service assistance with Lost and Stolen Card Reporting, Emergency Card Replacement, Emergency Cash Advance, as well as assistance with locating ATMs and help with account-related questions.|
|Priceless Cities®||Exclusive offers just for Mastercard cardholders. Check www.priceless.com.|
|Year-End Summary Statements||A year-end summary statement available within two months of the end of each calendar year.|
|Automatic Billing Updater||Mastercard’s free service automatically updates your debit and credit card information under certain conditions when you have card-on-file or recurring payments set up with participating merchants. For more information visit missionfed.com/ABU.|
|Enhanced ID Theft Protection||One-bureau credit monitoring, high-risk transaction monitoring and alerts and white-glove restoration service. Certain terms may apply. Enhanced ID Theft Protection is limited to cardholders with a US issued card. Additional terms and conditions apply.|
Why choose Mission Federal Credit Union for a San Diego Credit Card?
You could get a credit card from a traditional bank or credit company, but our credit union Credit Cards offer fantastic local service. Mission Fed offers credit union Credit Cards with low rates, low fees and reward options. So how can you get started and apply for one of our San Diego Credit Cards? We make it easy to apply for a Credit Card. If you prefer to apply on your own schedule or from the comfort of your home, you can apply for credit union Credit Cards online at your convenience, or you can call 800.500.6328 to speak with a representative. If you prefer in person customer service, you can apply for your Credit Card in the branch with the help of a knowledgeable representative. Find out more below about applying for your San Diego Credit Card. Discover all the benefits of Mission Fed Credit Cards.
If you’ve been looking at Credit Union Credit Cards, check out a San Diego Credit Card with Mission Fed. Whether you need a Credit Card in San Diego, or wherever you go, apply for a Credit Union Credit Card today to enjoy these and other great benefits.
Those are just some of the great benefits available to our members who are approved for one of our Mission Fed Credit Cards. With a choice of Preferred Platinum and Preferred Platinum Rewards, we’ll help you get the San Diego Credit Card that best fits your needs. Both cards offer low, competitive rates and great benefits.
Our Preferred Platinum and Preferred Platinum Rewards Credit Cards offer low introductory rates plus no annual fee. They also come with all the advantages a Platinum Mastercard has to offer, making them great Credit Cards for San Diegans ready to start building a better financial future. And, you can use the card anywhere Mastercard is accepted around the world. So, why wait to get started with our financial services? Compare our Credit Union Credit Cards and apply now to open an account!
- Subject to credit approval; terms and conditions apply. Offer is available for new Credit Cards. Balance transfers to pay any Mission Fed accounts are not permitted. Introductory APR will apply on purchases and balance transfers posted within the first 90 days of account opening, ending on the closing date of the first billing cycle after the account is open 12 months. APRs are current as of 8/3/20. For balance transfers to qualify for the 0% introductory APR, the balance transfer must be conducted by using a Cashier’s Check issued by a Mission Fed Branch or the Contact Center. Electronic balance transfers do not qualify. The balance transfer and cash advance fee is 2% of the amount of each item ($2 minimum). The foreign transaction fee is 1% of the amount of each transaction in U.S. Dollars. Maximum $20,000 in balance transfers per member. Programs are subject to change without notice.
- The 10,000 Mission Rewards points will be credited approximately 120 days after account opening. Qualifying transactions exclude in-branch cash advances, traveler’s check purchases, balance transfers, overdraft protection advances, convenience checks, fees, and ATM transactions. This offer cannot be combined with other Mission Rewards points promotions. Restrictions may apply.
Mastercard, Mastercard Global Service, and Priceless Cities are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Inc.
More Products & Services
0% Intro Rate for Purchases & Balance Transfers
Mission Fed’s 0% Intro APR is good for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers posted within the first 90 days of a new Platinum and Preferred Platinum Credit Card account opening.
Mission Fed Preferred Platinum Rewards Credit Card
With low rates, no annual fee and all of the advantages that come with a Preferred Platinum Rewards Mastercard®, this will be your favorite card.
Mission Fed Preferred Platinum Credit Card
With low rates, no annual fee and all of the advantages that come with a Preferred Platinum Credit Card®, this will be your favorite card.
At Mission Fed, building your savings is simple with our EasySave Program. Sign up today and each non-ATM Mission Fed Debit Card transaction amount will be rounded up to the nearest dollar and the difference will be deposited to your savings account.
Search for Mission Fed Branches and ATMs, or 30,000 CO-OP Network ATMs Nationwide
Open an account