Mission for Our Schools
Supporting Education and Enrichment
Money for You and Your School
We are on a mission to invest in our community by giving financial support to our local schools — kindergarten through college. We know schools and students thrive when they have access to the equipment they need to learn and explore in our community. That’s why when you open a Mission Fed Spending or Checking account1 we will deposit $25 into your account and give a matching $25 donation to your school of choice2.
With Mission for Our Schools, your school of choice can use the funds for anything that supports education and enrichment for students. Recipients have used funds to purchase a variety of things including classroom computers, tickets for museum field trips, band instruments, science equipment and classroom supplies.
Want to support education in our community?
- Schedule a virtual appointment, visit your nearest branch, or call us at 858.524.2850 or 800.500.6328
- Ask to open a Mission for Our Schools Spending or Checking account
- We’ll deposit $25 into your account and donate $25 to your school of choice
- Must meet membership and account criteria; terms and conditions apply. May not be used in conjunction with other promotional offers. Mission Fed employees are not eligible. New member must be 18 years of age or older, the primary signer, and cannot be a signer on a Mission Fed account within the last 12 months. Youth Account joint signers are eligible. Minimum opening deposit: $5 for Breeze Spending Account, Easy Checking Account and Smart Checking Account. For Smart Checking $500 minimum balance required to earn 0.03% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) as of 5/1/23. Easy Checking accounts opened on or prior to 3/31/23 require eStatements to avoid a monthly maintenance fee. Easy Checking accounts opened after 3/31/23 require enrollment in online or mobile banking to avoid monthly maintenance fee. Additional fees may apply. Withdrawals and fees could reduce earnings. Smart Checking requires monthly direct deposit of $500 or more: OR maintain an average daily account balance of $1,500 or more to avoid a monthly service fee. Rates, terms and conditions subject to change without notice.
- New Spending or, Checking Account must be opened by 12/31/23 and remain open a minimum of 90 days with five (5) eligible member-initiated transactions posted to the account within 90 days of account opening. Eligible transactions: ACH, cash, or check deposits and withdrawals; debit card purchases; online or mobile banking transfers; and bill payments. Account must remain in good standing. Upon satisfaction of the above requirements, $25 will be deposited to the new member’s account on the 91st day of the new member’s account opening and a $25 check will be issued to the school by the 110th day from the new member’s account opening. Recipients are responsible for all taxes; amounts are reported to the appropriate agencies as required by law. Program subject to change without notice.