Open an account
with Virtual Appointment
Be energy smart with Home Equity Loans for solar panels, home improvements and more
If you’re thinking about adding solar panels or other energy-smart improvements to your home, Mission Fed has a great solar financing solution. Mission Fed credit union Home Equity Loans and financing options offer low rates, an easy application process and friendly, knowledgeable representatives who would be happy to answer your questions about solar financing using your home equity. Use the equity in your home now as a solar panel loan or for energy-efficient appliances and other home improvements—you will enjoy the benefits for years to come. If you are currently looking for solar loans in San Diego but don’t know where to start, Mission Federal Credit Union is here to guide you. Call one of our helpful representatives today to learn more about our financing options for solar systems.
Home Equity Loan features
- Secure, fixed rate for the life of the loan
- Borrow up to 125% of your home’s value
- Fast online application, or apply by phone or in the branch
- Use for the energy smart upgrades of your choice
More bright ideas
Going green with energy efficient appliances has become more than a fad—it’s a cost-efficient and environmentally responsible investment in your home. Solar power is eco-friendly as it only relies on the sun's energy to generate power. Owning your own solar energy system can provide great benefits in the long run. Instead of getting a solar lease with an attractive low monthly payment, you can still enjoy a low monthly payment while capitalizing on any federal tax credit and local incentives that might be available when you invest in your own solar energy system. Count on around 3,000 hours of sunshine in San Diego annually, and you’ll see that installing solar panels is an excellent way to conserve energy and help reduce your electric bill.
You may want to make your home more energy-efficient by purchasing ENERGY STAR® qualified appliances like a refrigerator, which is considered the largest consumer of energy in the home. Tankless water heaters are also great for reducing energy consumption and are more energy-efficient than traditional water heaters. Washers and dryers may be on your list for better energy efficiency, too—see what works best for you and your home.
Already solar? Save by refinancing
You may already have a residential solar loan, a personal loan for energy-efficient appliances or financing for other home improvements. If so, your best move may be to refinance with a Mission Fed Home Equity Loan. Let’s see if we can save you money so that you can enjoy your home improvements even more.
Enjoy local service
We can help you decide if a Home Equity Loan or a HELOC is a better choice for you, depending on the project. With help from our financial representatives, you can apply for the right loan for your needs. We look forward to helping you go green—and that means saving money, too. Apply today!
1) Subject to credit approval; terms and conditions apply. An origination fee will apply for a Home Equity Loan. Home Equity/Second Trust Deed loans available only for owner-occupied, primary residence in San Diego County, California. Rates, terms, programs, conditions, and services are subject to change without notice. 2) The interest on the portion of the credit extension that is greater than the fair market value of the dwelling is not tax deductible for Federal income tax purposes. Consult a tax advisor for further information regarding the deductibility of interest and charges.
Search for Mission Fed Branches and ATMs, or 30,000 CO-OP Network ATMs Nationwide
Open an account