Use our Auto Loan calculator to help you buy smart
Before you start shopping for a new or used car, it helps to familiarize yourself with your monthly budget and what costs you should be prepared for. There can be costs beyond the purchase price to consider, such as sales tax, title and interest rates on your loan. So, how can you budget for these costs?
Our Auto Loan Calculator can help you estimate the total cost of your auto purchase so that you can see how much you can afford based on your current finances. This Car Loan Calculator also allows you to calculate your monthly car payments over the life of the loan. To figure out all the costs, you’ll need to know:
- Purchase price: Price of the vehicle
- Sales Tax Percentage: The automobile sales tax rate, which varies by state and city
- Rebate: Rebates offered by the dealer, if any
- Title and Registration Costs: Title and registration fees for your state can depend on many factors including the type of car, year, state, # of axles, etc.
- Trade-In: If you are planning to trade-in a vehicle, you’ll need to know the value of the vehicle and how much you owe on the vehicle
- Loan amount: How much will you need to borrow
- Down payment: What amount can you afford to put down in cash towards the purchase price
- Interest Rate: The Annual Percentage Rate on your loan can vary depending on your credit score and other qualifications
- Loan term: While a longer loan term can lower your monthly payment, you can also end up paying a lot more interest throughout the life of the loan
With our Auto Loan calculator, you can adjust a variety of variables for the most accurate estimate. The calculator allows you to enter the length of the loan, the down payment amount, the loan APR and the vehicle purchase price, as well as the sales tax, trade-in value and title and registration costs. Once you’ve entered all the information into our Car Loan calculator, you’ll be able to see what you’re likely to pay each month and how much it will ultimately cost you over the life of the loan. Use the Car Loan calculator to get a sense of what kind of car, auto loan and price range you should shop for.
How can our Car Loan calculator help you choose the right auto loan?
Not all auto loans are created equal, due to different financing terms. Once you’ve familiarized yourself with your price range, explore your options with Mission Fed to secure an Auto Loan with Mission Fed Bottom Line Rates, which may save you money when compared to financing with a dealer or another lender. Mission Fed offers great rates and terms that can help your budget now and in the long run.
With Mission Fed, you can also enjoy getting a new or pre-owned car without ever setting foot in a dealership. With an Auto Loan from Mission Fed and car buying service from Autoland, you can get the car you want delivered straight to you. Once you have your Mission Fed Auto Loan in hand, you can request a dedicated Autoland representative to find the car that you want from their wide network of partner dealerships. Your representative then negotiates the deal for you and delivers your car to you at your local Mission Fed branch.
Why buy a car with Mission Fed?
Mission Federal Credit Union offers a variety of tools to help you get a great car at a great price. Our Auto Loan calculator can help you figure out how much car you can afford and estimate your car payment before you sign the dotted line on your new or pre-owned car. With our bottom line rates on Auto Loans and the option of buying your car through Autoland, Mission Fed is happy to help make your car buying experience as wonderful as your car-driving experience. Your success is our bottom line, and that includes buying your next car. Let our Car Loan calculator get you started on the right foot, and then explore our Auto Loan options. We can’t wait to serve you!
Get the Mission Fed Auto Loan Guide
There’s a lot to learn before buying a new or used car, and Mission Fed’s Auto Loan Guide is here to help! Download the free guide online and get answers to these questions and more:
- Auto loan facts
- How auto loans work
- What can I afford?
- What are my car must-haves?
- Where to get an auto loan
- What you need to apply for an auto loan
- Get a copy of your credit report and know your score
- Are you a First-time car buyer?
- What is a co-signer and why would you need one?
- Let Autoland find your next vehicle for you
- Feel secure with a CARFAX® report for a discounted rate
Interactive calculators are made available as self-help tools, and we cannot and do not guarantee their accuracy or applicability to your circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes only. Calculators are not intended to provide investment advice, and we encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all your personal financial issues.